1. Do I need a doctors referral to be seen by your office? No. However most Insurance Companies won't pay without an M.D. Order.
2. If I am a new patient, what is the procedure for my first visit? If possible, stop by and pick up the new patient paperwork to fill out ahead of time as this reduces time at the office for your initial visit.
3. Do I have to have Insurance to be seen by your office? No, Private Pay is always an option if one does not have Insurance.
4. Do you accept Medicaid/Medicare Patients? We do accept Medicare, and only Medicaid depending on the Insurance coverage.
5. Do you have a Message Therapist in your office? Yes, we have a Licensed/Certified Message Therapist on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only.
6. Do you require a co-pay at time of service? Yes, all Insurance Companies will have their assigned co-pays. Private pay Patients are set up on an Individual basis. We are considered a "Specialist" regarding co-pays with most Insurance Companies.
7. What are your office hours? Normal Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. Although we can accommodate most schedules and adjust our hours if scheduled ahead of time.
8. After I am done with my visits, is there any follow up with the Physical Therapist? If symptoms re-occur, or you have additional problems, you could return to our care, as long as you have another Doctors order for Treatment. We do offer a reduced Exercise Program for a small monthly fee for those who would like to continue coming in a few times a week to work on the machines they are already familiar with. We have designated hours for our Exersize patients.
9. Is it okay for us to bring family members/children along to my appointment? We accommodate most situations however, due to Liability Protection and lack of space, bringing additional family members or children is discouraged.
10. Do you offer after hour care for emergencies? Call 9-1-1 for Medical Emergencies, however we do offer after hour answering service.